What a week! Sorry for the long message, but this complicated global situation requires a complicated response.
My terms and conditions for cancellation of an agreed booking are not affected by the current situation, they are completed for every booking to protect me from a situation exactly like the one we are in.
But I am trying to help everyone I can. So as a gesture of good will, I have chosen to forgo the 28 day full payment clause which is due for all events in the next month and I've worked out a fair compromise to try move your party and the 50+ other parties that have asked to move (so far this week). I want to try and work with customers to ensure no one loses their non-
For children's events: I am prepared to offer you an alternative slot on a date within the next 6 months, to be mutually agreed. I am happy to transfer any payment made to hold that future booking. Due to the high number of bookings I already have and the number I now need to move into already busy months, the available options to re-
For adults weekend evening events: I am happy to offer you an alternative slot on a date within the next 6 months, to be mutually agreed. I can then transfer any payment made to hold that future booking. Due to the high number of bookings I already have and the number I now need to move, the new slot will be an available Monday to Friday evening.
If you absolutely have to move to a Saturday Night and cannot do a straight swap to a Friday night, I can of course treat the new Saturday as a new booking but you will lose the advance payment. Or you can add the VIP Magic Mirror photo booth to your event. I will discount £200 off the full price of the 4 hour photo booth hire and move to an available Saturday. I will also extend this offer to allow a rebooked date within 12 months of your original event date. This will cover any loss I make for the new Saturday and you get an additional service significantly cheaper.
I understand that a midweek evening may not seem ideal to you but I am asking for your understanding that, this situation is most definitely not ideal for me either and all the rebooking suggestions I’ve offered are my attempt to help you.
If each 'moved booking' re-
If I give all the 'moved bookings' a future weekend slot then that amounts to 50+ future bookings I cannot take, which means my goodwill gesture will lose me the fee from each party I move to a weekend slot.
As a self employed, sole trader, I now face having no income for the duration of this situation. When I am able to start hosting parties again it will be after a prolonged period of not working, please understand, I simply cannot afford to swap cancelled Saturdays & Sundays for a future Saturday or Sunday.
I wish there was a simpler way around this but this is my full time job and while I desperately want to keep everyone happy, I have put together a fair set of options as a compromise, so you still get a great party, don’t lose your advance payment and so I can keep my business running when this unprecedented situation is finally over.
I am also very happy to discuss adding some of my other additional services for free or at a discounted rate to anyone re-
I hope we can confirm this soon to ensure no one misses out on their party
Thank you for reading through all that!
Please click here for my full booking terms and conditions in large print.